Home Crime Hamlet man charged in reported domestic break-in, assault

Hamlet man charged in reported domestic break-in, assault

ROCKINGHAM — A man is facing criminal charges after allegedly assaulting his ex-wife.

According to the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a call of a breaking and entering in progress on Aleo 6th Avenue on Tuesday, Dec. 27.

The alleged victim reportedly told deputies that she had been woken up by her ex-husband, 34-year-old Shabazz Keyon Anderson, of Hamlet, who was standing in her bedroom with the light on.

(Note: records show Anderson’s middle name spelled “Keyon” and “Keyone.”)

She alleges that Anderson questioned her, pointed a gun at her and assaulted her, according to the sheriff’s office.

She reportedly told deputies that Anderson left and was heading toward Hamlet.

Deputies reportedly notified the Hamlet Police Department of the situation and gave a description of Anderson’s vehicle.

HPD officers found Anderson’s vehicle at a home on Seaboard Street, according to the sheriff’s office, and deputies were dispatched to assist with an “altercation” between Anderson and Hamlet police. No details of the “altercation” are given.

Deputies found two handguns, including one described by the victim, according to the sheriff’s office.

Anderson was arrested and charged with a felony count of breaking and entering to terrorize or injure, and one misdemeanor count each of domestic criminal trespassing, assault on a female, assault by pointing a gun and resisting a public officer.

He was booked into the Richmond County Jail and held without bond due to the charges being related to domestic violence. However, Anderson did not appear in online jail records late Wednesday afternoon.

Advertisements

Anderson is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 9 on the DV charges and Jan. 23 on the resisting charge.

Online court records show he has no other pending charges.

Records with the N.C. Department of Public Safety Division of Adult Correction show Anderson’s only in-state conviction was in 2013 on charges of damage to property and having a firearm in civil disorder.

All defendants facing criminal charges are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.



Previous articleRCSO: Cocaine found on Richmond County man during arrest on outstanding warrants
Next articleDavis, Morrison help JV Raiders bounce back against Montgomery Central