Displaying items by tag: carbon monoxide

RALEIGH — As North Carolinians prepare for severe winter weather conditions, officials with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services caution people not to use gasoline-powered generators or tools, outdoor grills and camp stoves in enclosed spaces. These devices should be used outside only and at least 20 feet away from windows, doors and air vents to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

Published in Lifestyle

RALEIGH — As North Carolinians prepare for the cold winter holidays, officials with the North Carolina Division of Public Health caution people not to use gasoline-powered generators or tools, outdoor grills and camp stoves in enclosed spaces. These devices should be used outside only and at least 20 feet away from windows, doors and air vents to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

Published in Lifestyle