RICHMOND COUNTY – As polls closed all across Richmond County Tuesday night, the Richmond County Board of Elections was busy tallying the day’s results.
The RO has gotten the first round of unofficial vote totals and winners from each municipality, which are listed below. Barring any changes in the numbers, the RO will update information as it comes in by each municipality.
Mayor: Lee Berry (unopposed): 117 votes
City Council: Jean Fletcher and Archie Robinson (both incumbents) retained their four-year seats, while challenger Fred Cloninger earned a four-year seat after defeating incumbent Corey Brewington.
- Jean Fletcher (incumbent): 103 votes; retains four-year seat
- Archie Robinson (incumbent): 83 votes; retains four-year seat
- Fred Cloninger (challenger): 82 votes; wins four-year seat over incumbent Corey Brewington
- Corey Brewington (former incumbent): 57 votes; loses four-year seat
- Lee Freeman (challenger): 23 votes
Mayor: Bill Bayless (unopposed): 526 votes
City Council: Both incumbent candidates retained their seats.
- Eddie Martin (incumbent): 365 votes; retains four-year seat
- Jesse McQueen (incumbent): 322 votes; retains four-year seat
- Stephanie Dixon (challenger): 214 votes
- Jerry Dean Lamont (challenger): 199 votes
Mayor: Tommy Hart (unopposed): 43 votes
City Council: No seat changes occurred with four incumbents; the only challenger, John Taylor, filled the only open seat.
- John Taylor (challenger): 36 votes; fills only open seat
- Rory Kevin Jones (incumbent): 34 votes; retains two-year seat
- Daniel Kelly (incumbent): 33 votes; retains two-year seat
- Ricardo Anderson (incumbent): 30 votes; retains two-year seat
- Cynthia Northcutt (incumbent): 29 votes; retains two-year seat
Mayor: Steve Morris (unopposed): 350 votes
City Council: Gene Willard and Denise Sullivan retain four-year terms. Anne Edwards retains two-year seat after receiving lowest number of votes between the three incumbent candidates.
- Gene Willard (unopposed): 306 votes; retains four-year seat
- Denise Sullivan (unopposed): 296 votes; retains four-year seat
- Anne Edwards (unopposed): 290 votes; retains two-year seat