The North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities seeks applications through a Request for Applications for several mini-grants to increase community living options for individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities. This initiative will help the NCCDD achieve the following goals outlined in its Five-Year State Plan 2022-2026 to increase:
- Community living for individuals with I/DD;
- Access to transportation by identifying and implementing strategies to eliminate barriers through collaboration with transportation agencies, state and local agencies, organizations, and advocacy groups;
- Equitable access to home and community-based healthcare, preventative healthcare, wellness opportunities, and address unmet health-related resource needs through individual, family, and stakeholder education and provider capacity building;
- Person and family-centered transition education and lifespan planning; and/or
- The knowledge, training, and support for professionals that provide services to people with I/DD.
The funding for this Request for Applications will be no less than $5,000 per project and up to $25,000 per project for the period beginning no earlier than Nov. 1, 2023, and ending Aug. 31, 2024. There is a minimum of 25% non-federal matching funds requirement, and the actual amount depends on how much funding the applicant requests.
All applications must be received by 5:00 pm (ET) on September 29, 2023. Please apply on DD Suite: https://www.ddsuite.org/?nofa_id=2096