ROCKINGHAM — A structure fire totaled a building and injured one man Thursday night outside of Rockingham off Hwy 74 on McNair Street.
A man was working Thursday in the cement block building when a generator exploded causing burns to the man’s face. The man was transported away from the scene by EMS and is being treated.
The structure fire was first reported just after 8:00pm Thursday, and on arrival firefighters found the structure to be engulfed in flames as heavy smoke and flames spread through out the structure. Rockingham firefighters were still on the scene after midnight trying to bring “hot spots” under control.
Rockingham Fire Chief Harold Isler noted the injury, and that the incident was a two-alarm fire.
More details will come as they emerge.