Pee Dee regional residents have several opportunities to “give the gift of life” by donating blood this winter.
McLeod Health Cheraw in South Carolina is again teaming up with The Blood Connection to host a blood drive from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Dec. 19.
“We desperately need blood products for our McLeod hospitals and patients,” said Arielle Miles, director of communication and public information for McLeod Health Cheraw. “Please donate if you can.”
Each donor will receive a $20 eGift card and a T-shirt from The Blood Connection.
Schedule a time to donate by visiting the event page or scanning the QR code in the graphic below:
The Blood Connection is also holding drives in Scotland County later this month:
- Dec. 22 – Scotland County EMS – 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Dec. 28 – Scotland Health Care System – 10 a.m.-3p.m.
The American Red Cross has several blood drives scheduled for January of 2023 in Richmond County:
- Jan. 6 – Hamlet Masonic Lodge 2-7 p.m. (28 appointments remaining)
- Jan. 11 – Richmond Community College Cole Auditorium – 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (41 appointments remaining)
- Jan. 20 – First Baptist Church, Ellerbe – noon-5:30 p.m.
- Jan. 25 – First United Methodist Church – 2-6:30 p.m. (26 appointments remaining)
According to the American Red Cross, individuals can donate every 56 days, up to six times per year. Donors must be at least 16 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds.
To schedule an appointment, register online or call 1-800- RED CROSS.