Home Local Sports Wednesday’s boys’ soccer match, XC meet postponed

Wednesday’s boys’ soccer match, XC meet postponed

ROCKINGHAM — All of Richmond’s after-school activities, including athletics, were canceled or postponed on Wednesday.

As reported by The Richmond Observer earlier in the day, Richmond Senior High School released its students at noon after a report of an uncorroborated bomb threat.

The release of students resulted in the cancelation of all athletic practices, as well as the postponement of two home athletic events, athletic director Rob Ransom confirmed.

Richmond’s boys’ and girls’ cross country teams were supposed to host Hoke County and Southern Lee high schools at Hinson Lake on Wednesday. 

Ransom said that the 3.2-mile race will be made up at a date and time to be determined later.

Advertisements

The other home sporting event that was rescheduled was the Raider soccer team’s match against Sandhills Athletic Conference foe Pinecrest High School. 

Ransom said that the game will be made up on Thursday, Sept. 9, at 7 p.m. 

Playing ahead of the varsity team on Thursday will be the junior varsity squad, which will also play Pinecrest, beginning at 5 p.m.

Head coach Chris Larsen tweeted, “We look forward to seeing everyone at the game.” The Raiders (2-4, 0-1 SAC) are looking for their first conference win of the year against the Patriots (5-1).

Tickets for all home sporting events can be found at GoFan.co.

Previous articleCOVID-19 clusters increase among middle and high school sports teams; NCDHHS encourages vaccination, strong COVID-19 protection measures
Next articleLIVE at 5 (Wednesday, 9/8/21)
Kyle Pillar is a 16-time North Carolina Press Association award-winning sports editor with The Richmond Observer. Follow the sports department on Twitter @ROSports_ for the best in-depth coverage of Richmond County sports.